Friday, March 27, 2015

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today was my Dad's 72nd birthday and we of course bought him Circus Peanuts.  As this has become an annual gift we decided to mix it up and buy Circus Easter Chicks and Bunnies.  I don't know if my Dad loves Circus Peanuts as much as he loves getting a reaction out of the part of the Heinisch family that despises them.  We also got him a Barnes & Noble gift card as he is an avid reader and a football from Meg and Cam which they started tossing around immediately.   I know that it is not the gifts that he looks forward to each year, but just spending time with the Heinisch children.  They feel the same way.

My favorite part of his birthday this year, however, appeared on Facebook.  Along with all of the well wishers my Dad made his own post.  I thought it summed up his view on life perfectly and was glad to be a part of it!

From a little kid in Milford to an old guy in Syracuse, I really moved a long way away. But, I wouldn't have it any other way I've got a lovely wife and great daughter and son-in-law and four fantastic grandchildren. At 72 years old I can still play golf in the 70s ( if you let me keep score). And that's not the temperature ! It's been a great run. In The words of Jimmy Buffet..... Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic but it's been a good life anyway!!!!!

Happy Birthday Backroads - you are one in a million!

No comments:

Post a Comment