Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Beck

For the past nine months I have been meeting with a life coach once or twice a week.  Today as I drove to the appointment I couldn't help but marvel in how much different I feel then when I first starting going to see her in June.  She has helped me to understand the difference between introverts and extroverts, to celebrate my successes and to work through the anxieties of life.  I feel a lot more confident and I have stopped making decisions based on guilt.  I sleep better and have a lot less anxiety.

I was excited to tell her today of my experience flying to Florida.  I hadn't planned on overcoming my fear of flying when I first started meeting with her, but when I started to feel better I thought why not.  We haven't flown anywhere in the past 8 and 1/2 years because of my fear.  I knew it was unrealistic, but just needed someone to help me work through it pragmatically.  Her advice definitely made a difference.

In January Beck told me that I did not need to come back if I didn't want to.  One day I know I will be ready to face the world without her advice, but right now it is nice to have the extra support.   Change can happen at any age.  I am glad that I decided to try this approach.  


No comments:

Post a Comment