Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day of a Different Sorts

Yesterday was Valentine's Day.  In years past we would have gone out for dinner, but had decided even before the blizzard that we would stay in last night.  We gave all of the Heinisch children their favorite candy and money to spend.  Doug surprised me with flowers and Fannie Mae.  He also bought me a purple teapot.  I have wanted one for quite awhile and it is the perfect size.  I decided last week to buy him new pots and pans for Valentine's Day.  He has talked about getting ones for awhile, so I thought this would be the perfect time.

I spent a lot of time researching different brands and colors before I finally settle on a Food Network copper set.  The reviews were very good and the price was right.  Doug used them last night and tonight and so far so good.  I know this probably wasn't the most romantic Valentine's we have ever spent, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Hanging out with the Heinisch children playing Wii and watching the dunk contest was the perfect night for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment