Thursday, February 12, 2015

CT Scan

I have been struggling with shortness of breath since last Saturday.  It is most prevalent when I am trying to sleep and several times I woke up last night gasping for breath.  I have tried increasing my Nexium as I thought it could be acid reflux.  I do not cough, just feel as though someone is squeezing my throat from the inside while sitting on my chest.

Today I called Dr. Mulry as last night made me nervous.  It must have made him nervous as well as he sent me immediately to the hospital for a CT Scan.  He was concerned that I had a blood clot in my lungs.  That scared me, so I had Dad take me there as soon as I left the doctor's office.  They were very attentive got me in immediately.  The scan was done fairly quickly.  We waited almost an hour for the results and fortunately there was no clot.  Dr. Mulry called and said that I have pleurisy and need to take anti-inflammatories and ulcer medication.  If it is not better by Monday I will have to return to him for  a cortisone shot.

I was instantly relieved.  By the time we got the results Doug was at the hospital as well.  He took me back to school so I could coach Meg's team.  I couldn't yell and I felt terrible, but I made it through.  We played very well for three quarters.  At halftime it was 18-10 Lakeview.  Meg had made a phenomenal pass to one of her teammates as time was about to expire and we scored as the buzzer rang.  The third quarter was disastrous, but overall I was thrilled with how well they did.  It has been great to see them improve.


No comments:

Post a Comment