Thursday, January 15, 2015

Student Led Conferences

Tonight was the second of the year's student led conferences at Milford.  Doug was able to go with both Meg and Cameron this year.  He said that he really enjoyed learning about what they had been up to.  I am the one who is there all of the time, so I usually hear from their teachers at least weekly if not more.  It was nice that he could share in that as well.

Overall, however, we had a lot less students than in previous years.  In the past students were given a reward incentive to entice them to come.  Sometimes it was a roller skating trip, other times it was an adventure race.  This year's incentives were smaller and I think that some students decided it wasn't worth it.

I used the extra time to work on organizing my room.  My eighth grade helper is cleaning out the cupboards in my kitchen and I am deciding what I want to purge and what I want to keep.  I hope to label the cabinets so it is easier for the students to find what they need.  We made a huge dent this week and I feel a lot more confident that we will be able to finish before he goes to a new class in March.


No comments:

Post a Comment