Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Night Out

Doug and I went to Fort Wayne tonight.  It has been awhile since we have gone to Chops and we were happy to have the chance.  They have some great food choices and a lot of variety.  We had one of our favorites as an appetizers - fried egg and asparagus.  I would have never thought of putting those two together, but they are a fantastic duo.  For the first time since we have been going Doug did not have the risotto.  He tried the "Smack N Cheese" and really liked it.  I had a new dish for me - waffles and Asian chicken.  I loved it.

The last few times we have gone to Chops we have had seats at the window facing the kitchen.  I don't know if everyone would like it there, but both Doug and I enjoy watching the chefs prepare the different dishes and then trying to guess what is being prepared.  It is a tight fit for two men, but they move around each other well and we have never seen a dish dropped.

To top the evening off we stopped at Cold Stone Creamery.  I had a small dish of their chocolate peanut butter perfection.  It was the perfect end to a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment