Monday, December 22, 2014

Never Jump On a Moving Car

Today's life lesson for the Heinisch children was "never jump on a moving car."  No, none of them tried it and no one was hurt, but they sure talked about it all day.  The note of caution was from Alex as he told the story to Meg and Cameron involving Jayce, Sam and a moving car.  They got a good laugh out of it which I am sure was the intent.  I am glad that no one was hurt and everyone agreed not to repeat the maneuver.  

That is what I love about being the Mom of boys - so much laughter and fun to be had.  Today was one of those days.  Alex and Jayce were here as soon as practice ended and the boys were instantly in the basement playing pool, trash talking one another and swapping stories.  Meg and I hurried out to get everyone lunch while Cam and Jayce took Alex and Cal in pool.  

Cal had a doctor's appointment in town and I told the boys they were welcome to stay as we would be back soon.  Thus, I was not surprised when I got back to find Alex's car still in the driveway.  Meg warned us not to go in the toy room as Jayce was napping.  Alex was in the fridge finishing off leftovers as Cal headed to the basement challenging everyone to another round of pool.  

I realize that God made the Mom of boys because I get it - food a place to sleep and someone to laugh at their antics is all they really need.  There's hardly ever any drama and most of their activities are harmless.  I realize it is not the life for everyone, but Doug and I seem tailor made for it.  Therefore when Doug came home to find the cottage cheese he was saving to use in the macaroni and cheese tonight was half eaten he laughed and said, "Has Alex been here?  Next time I guess I will have to buy double."  

No comments:

Post a Comment