Sunday, December 21, 2014

Meet Me in St. Louis

Today Meg and I finished the movie "Meet Me in St. Louis."  It has always been one of my favorites and she enjoyed it as well.  I teared up in the middle of it.  Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas tends to do that to me and Meg playing with Apollo made me miss Cosmo even more.  Overall, however, I am so much happier today than I have been in quite awhile.  It used to be that I couldn't watch movies or read much as I was so anxious that my mind I couldn't settle done enough to concentrate.  That is a horrible feeling and I do not wish it on anyone.  Thus, I have been watching as many movies as I can and plan to finish two books over break.

I also realize that I feel a lot better about Cal quitting basketball than I ever dreamed I would.  Everyone that has approached me about Cal quitting has been nothing more than supportive.  All that we have talked to realize that he really was getting treated poorly and they are proud of him for saying, "Enough."  Even his friends at school and other players have been extremely open about their opinions and not one of them have supported his coach or the program.  I also have noticed that Cal is so much happier than he has been in a long time.  The rest of the Heinisch children have always been happy and confident.  It is great that he has joined them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment