Thursday, December 18, 2014

It's Inevitable

Today Meg and the girls in her eighth grade class visited the high school in the morning.  The guidance department wanted them to see the career and technology education classrooms before they choose their class schedule for next fall.  Meg enjoyed seeing all of the different classes that the high school had to offer.  Her focus for electives were mainly in the culinary arts program.  While she was there Cal passed her in the hallway.  They didn't talk, but she thought that was great.

At lunch Alex Clark stopped by Milford school.  I was happy that he came into my room to say hi, although his deep voice gave me a start in the middle of the chaos of Christmas craft day in the 5th grade.  Meg and her friends saw him as well which got them all talking about high school and next year.  Her friends enjoy giving Meg a hard time about having a "crush" on Alex although she doesn't.

Tonight Meg had a band concert at the high school.  They combined with the high school and middle school.  She rode the bus over after school and hung out with her friends until rehearsal at 5.  The concert was pretty good and Meg really enjoyed playing "Do You Hear What I Hear?"  It's one of my favorites as well.

As we drove home tonight I realized that Meg will be a high school student before I know it.  I  have enjoyed her middle school days.  She has had a lot of success, met some great friends and had a lot of fun.  I hope that continues for her next year.  Either way it is inevitable, so I will just enjoy these last few months together at Milford School.

No comments:

Post a Comment