Friday, December 26, 2014

A Night with Books

Today we spent all afternoon taking down the Christmas and cleaning the house.  The Heinisch children would have preferred that we leave it up, but both Doug and I were ready.  We did get out the snowmen, so it looks a little festive in our home.  Jeanette had given me some ceramic polar bears and a small white tree a few years ago that looks great on our hearth this time of year.  That will have to suffice their desire for decorations for now.

After we cleaned the house Doug and I headed to Elkhart to look for a new Christmas tree for next year.  We couldn't find anything that we wanted, but all was not lost as we had a great evening out sharing desserts and appetizers at Lucheese's.  Once we got back we all headed to bed.  Cam and Meg decided to sleep in my room.  Brett gave me a book of Washington Irving's short stories for Christmas.  It has been so long since I could concentrate enough to read that I have been really enjoying it.  I was able to finish almost a hundred pages in it tonight.  Cam and Meg decided to read as well.  They took turns with the Peanuts collection that I just finished and Jughead.  Those were also both from Brett and we all enjoyed their humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment