Thursday, November 13, 2014

Parent Night

Tonight was the annual high school basketball parent night.  Doug had promised me that he would go this year, but it just so happen to have fallen on the same night as county council.  Thus, I made the trek.  There was an open practice for parents beforehand and Cal told me that he didn't want me to go.  That was ok with me as just thinking about basketball makes me anxious.  

I did make it to the parent night.  It was long (over an hour), but shorter than last years.  I don't know if I learned a lot, but at least I had an ally (Sharon Boatwright) to sit by.  It will cost quite a bit less this year and they are still having the boys' retreat.  Those were both positives.  I don't particularly like the new alcohol policies, but it sounds like most of the parents do not.  They are way too lenient for me.  Cal keeps out of trouble, so it shouldn't matter.

I was proud of myself for going tonight.  I am even more proud of Cal for sticking with basketball after last year.  We have learned a lot about patience and perseverance from Cal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment