Friday, November 7, 2014

Night Out

Today was the end of the trimester for teachers.  I spent most of the morning in a meeting about math and the rest my day finalizing grades, cleaning my room and getting ready for trimester two.  Out of all of the trimesters I have taught this one definitely went the smoothest.  Part of that is experience as this is my third year and part of it is changing my hours.  The time definitely went by fast.  Next trimester I have Meg and her friends in block two which will make that block fun.  We also will be celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentine's in my class which makes the dreary days of winter a little bit brighter.

To celebrate the end of the first trimester Doug, Meg, Cam and I all headed to South Bend and a night of shopping and fun.  Our first stop was the mall.  Meg found some cute clothes at Hollister and almost bought a pair of Ugg boots until we realized that they were $149 and not $49 dollars.  We picked out four candles at Yankee Candle while Doug and Cam added items to Cam's Christmas list from Barnes & Noble.  The mall was packed as Santa was making his first appearance of the day.  The jingle elves, however, scared all of the Heinisch's away from joining the festivities.  We found them a little creepy. 

We stopped at Target for more Christmas ideas and then headed to Buffalo Wild Wings.  An enraged customer was there to greet us, but once he left we were seated and all enjoyed the dinner.  It was a great way to end a successful trimester.  By the end of the evening I was even energized enough to think about next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment