Monday, October 6, 2014

Halloween

Tonight I decided to decorate for Halloween.  We had bought a new skeleton candy dish from Yankee Candle on Saturday and a pumpkin ginger candle which put me in the mood for fall.  Cam and Meg had talked about helping, but weren't overly interested until I got out the vinyl clings and the ghosts for the tree.  They both helped with those and we were mostly decorated by the time Doug got home from sectional dinner.

I found a couple of decorations that Jeanette had made for us - wooden pumpkins and a table runner.  It made me sad to think that not so long ago she was feeling well enough to carve and sew.  I am glad that we have these to remember her by.  Both Meg and Cameron recognized them right away.

Once the decorating was done Doug and Cam started on the candy wrapper puzzle we bought at IU this weekend.  We all watched "Something Wicked This Way Comes" while they worked away.  It definitely feels like fall today and looks like Halloween in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment