Sunday, September 7, 2014

New Rooms

For the first time in a long Cal and Cam both have their own rooms.  We spent all day today making that happen.  Brett had a lot of books and memorabilia in his room for us to move.  We transferred a lot of it to an empty bookcase in Cal's room and put most of his high school mementos in tubs for him to look through later.  He was appreciative of that as Brett realized that he had a lot of "stuff" in a small space.  He wasn't quite sure where to start.

Cam played golf this afternoon while Doug and I finished up the transfer.  He was thrilled when he returned.  There were only a few pictures to sort through and he and I were able to put everything up.  Cam has shared a room with Cal for at least four years.  He was ready to be on his own.  They have different sleeping hours and sound requirements.  Thus, they both should sleep a lot better.

Tonight as I was thinking about the last time Cam had his own room I realized that Cal has not had his own room since he was two.  That is when we gave Meg his room and moved him in with Brett.  Cal has never once complained about sharing a room with either of his brothers.  I am sure in his mind he is still sharing it with one as we moved Brett's clothes into his closet and books on his shelves.  Next weekend I will finish cleaning "their" room.  I think he will enjoy having his own space as well.  If not, I am sure one of his friends would love to share it with him until Brett returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment