Thursday, August 7, 2014

Setting Up

I spent a good portion of today setting up my classroom.  I had cleaned it out pretty well in the Spring, so there was a lot less to do this year.  Meg came along to help.  I really appreciated it and got a kick out of her "why am I cleaning spiders off the window sill?  isn't that a custodian's job?" comments.  Dead arachnids aside the hardest part was putting up a new bulletin board background.  All in all I was there about five hours and Meg was there two.  I still have a couple of projects to finish on Monday, but I felt pretty good about it by the end of the day.  I also found out that I am going to make 80% pay this year, since I work until 2 p.m.  I am excited about that.  I wasn't sure how it would all work out.

Tonight we took Cam and Meg miniature golfing.  We went to Par-More which was one of my favorite places to go to when I was a child.  We had fun even though it is not in the best shape.  Cam and I won with Doug and Meg a shot behind.  Dinner was at Buffalo Wild Wings.  I am sad that the summer is winding down.  It sure has been a memorable one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment