Monday, August 4, 2014

School Shopping

Today Meg, Cam and I went back to school shopping.  For the first time in a long time we actually found everything we needed.  Cam and Meg's lists weren't as long as usual, and I just picked out some items that I thought Cal might need.  The aisles were crowded at Target, but mostly everything was well stacked.  At one point a young mother of four started to walk off with my cart instead of hers.  I mentioned it nicely and she offered to trade.  Her cart included a two year old, however, whose siblings were definitely ok with the trade.  That is when I realized how blessed we were to quickly move through the store with each Heinisch child able to read and pick out their own items.

We also ran into several parents who had to buy 16 dry erase markers, magic erasers and other miscellaneous school supplies that would really add to their total.  Luckily, the fourth and eighth grade teachers did not ask for anything extravagant.  Meg pointed out that the fifth grade list was half a page this year.  We will wait for next summer to worry about that.

Our big find of the day was the one item that Cal actually requested - a pair of size 13 Crocs.  Cam and I searched through the boxes of shoes at Kohl's.  I couldn't believe that we found them, plus they were on sale and we had a 15% off coupon.  Cal will be set for this year's Croc Tuesdays.  With shoe box in tow our mission was complete and we headed for home with enough time left in the day for the Heinisch children to pack their backpacks and binders.

No comments:

Post a Comment