Saturday, July 19, 2014

VBS

Cameron and Meg finished their week long adventure in Vacation Bible School last night.  Cameron was a participant and Meg was a volunteer.  Both had an awesome time.  They were the first ones there and always came out with a lot of great stories to share.

For a Catholic church our parish is considered small.  Thus the Heinisch children know all of the children who attend religion classes or Bible school from the youngest to the oldest.  They have shared the same teachers and lessons throughout the years.  I had a lot of fun listening to them talk on the way home.  Meg's friend Aaron also helped.  He and Meg were in charge of the crafts.  I believe that their skits were the most entertaining, however.  Our favorite night of picking them up was when Meg jumped in the car and exclaimed, "Those little kids just love me!"  I love her confidence.

Next year there will be a new leader as our religious education director retired.  Meg said that she still plans on volunteering.  I hope it is as fun for them next July as it was this year.  Even if it isn't I know that they will look back on this experience with fond memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment