Thursday, July 24, 2014

Reality

Today was back to reality for the Heinisch family.  Doug was up at 5 a.m. to head to Renegade.  Cal had driver's ed early.  Brett had to work a longer shift than normal because of a couple of incidents at during the day.

I even had to go in to school.  Today was the day that we worked on the math standards for 8th grade.  Although I am not ready for the school year to start, it was a big help to me.  The one book I haven't taught out of is the blue pre-algebra one.  I now feel as though I know what is going on and the plan for the year.  We still have work to do, but most everything is set for the first trimester.  I wish I had had that for FACS when I started two years ago.  That would have been really helpful.  The new FACS teacher at WMS wants to get together before school starts to go over what I have done.  That would be a big help.

Cal passed his driver's ed class today.  He was glad to be done.  We are proud of him for completing it.  He can try for his license in November.  Someone at Brett's work accidentally cut a gas line while they were fixing a water problem.  That slowed everything down.  His boss wasn't there as well, so the day just didn't run very efficiently.  Overall, however, he has been pleased with how well Camp Mack has gone this summer.

Tonight Doug had soccer and Cal had tennis.  Thus, I was home alone for awhile.  I used the time to put laundry away, pay bills and work on a couple of other items.  None of it was too exciting, but for the first day back from vacation, it went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment