Friday, July 25, 2014

A Nice Surprise

I had planned on working on the garage sale today, but Cal asked me if I would take him golf shopping.  I jumped at the chance.  It is rare that I get to do anything with just Cal and I definitely wanted to take advantage of it.  He wanted to price a new driver and buy some better golf balls, so we decided to hit Dick's Sportings Goods first.  Cal asked if he could drive.  I was a little hesitant as I think that driving in Mishawaka can be stressful, but he was sure he could do it.  He has been driving home from all of his golf tournaments with my Dad, so I thought I would give it a try.

Our trip was a lot of fun.  We listened to music that both he and I could tolerate.  He is a big Eminem fan, and I have grown to like him as well, so that music was on the agenda.  Cal did a nice job driving and we were at Dick's in no time.  Cal was able to find a dozen golf balls that he wanted and priced a couple of drivers.  I told him that I would buy him a new golf shirt, so he picked out a purple and pink one that looked nice.  He also needed a new headband for tennis.  We found a bright yellow tennis ball color one that will match his uniform well.

Once we left Dick's, Cal wanted to see if there was a Dunham's Sports in town.  We found one by the Chuck E. Cheese that we used to visit years ago.  They did not have the golf clubs that he wanted, but I was able to buy new bean bags for our cornhole game and a washer game that will be perfect for tailgating.  We had lunch at Arby's before returning home.  Cal drove all the way back.  I told him stories about my youth, his grandparents and Parce.  Today was one of the best days of summer for me.  I realize that all too soon Cal will be off on his own and these days will be gone.  Glad he invited me along on his shopping journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment