Thursday, June 26, 2014

More Summer

Cal played in the Optimist tournament today at Bent Oak.  Unfortunately, it was the worst round he had played all summer.  Thus, he didn't move on to the next stage.  He didn't seem too disappointed.  They stopped at Tony's in Goshen on the way home so Cal could try the Godfather.  It was one large hamburger, but he was able to finish it all.

I spent the morning running Cam and Evan to chess club, taking a walk and running errands.  I ran into the head basketball coach while I was out.  He asked me if Cal had been at golf all week and if he was coming tomorrow.  I was surprised he noticed and told him that Cal didn't think he'd be allowed to go since he had to miss practice.  He said that he still wanted him there.  I decided to stop back in and ask Coach Singrey first.  I didn't want to encourage Cal to go if his Coach thought differently.  We actually had a really good conversation.  He definitely wanted Cal to go with them and gave me his thoughts on what Cal could do to improve his game (strength training and speed.)  He thought the speed would come with tennis, so now the goal would be to get in the weight room.  Once Cal got home I relayed the message to Cal.  He hadn't planned on going to the shootout, but thought he would give it a try.

Cam went golfing with my Mom and Cal went to tennis.  Therefore, I went with Meg to 7 on 7.  I think it was her last one of the summer because of camp and vacation bible school.  They had to play Northridge, so they took their lumps, but the girls played a lot better.  Meg looked great out there and had two assists on goals.  I am so impressed with her soccer ability and her desire to work on it.

After soccer the team went to Buffalo Wild Wings.  I enjoyed talking with Sarah Schwartz.  The girls seemed to all have a great time.  Doug has really done a lot to help this team improve.  It was fun to witness that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment