Thursday, June 5, 2014

First Day of Summer

The alarm rang early this morning, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get up.  Last night we hosted the sectional dinner for the golf team and I had spent a lot of time cleaning my classroom and the house.  I was up and at the teacher breakfast before most, however.  It was a nice event with several teachers retiring and a lot of fun stories shared.

I headed to Milford after the breakfast to finish up my room and required checklist.  I got out a little past my 11:30 a.m time as I helped Mr. Voirol renew his license online.  The staff also met with Mr. Woodard for about a half hour.  He wouldn't come to the retirement breakfast, so we roasted him in his room instead.

After that my official start to summer began.  Cam was playing golf with my Mom, Cal was at Rozella with his team and Brett was at work, so Meg and I went to Maria's for lunch.  We had a surprise visitor when we got back as Parce was sitting in Mom's driveway.  We all hung out with him until Doug got home.

Cam, Meg and Brett visited with Parce until nine or so.  Cal went with my Dad to work on his golf game for tomorrow's sectional.  Doug and I were invited by his attorney to attend a private showing of the South Bend Civic Theater's performance of "To Kill a Mockingbird."  There were drinks and h'orderves to start and then the show.  It was fantastic.  For a small theater group they did an awesome job.  Intermission brought some great desserts and the evening ended close to ten p.m.

I was exhausted by the time I got home, but it sure was a wonderful start to our summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment