Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dog Days of Summer

Today the heat and humidity of summer hit us.  Last summer was extremely cool and very wet, so we are not complaining.  Cameron and Meg decided to swim at Grandma's.  They really didn't get to do that too much last year.  I begrudgedly turned the air on.  I love open windows and the summer breezes, but not at the expense of everyone sleeping.  

The heat didn't slow Cal down.  He still played basketball, went golfing and back to tennis.  I am ever amazed at his endurance.  Cam did get to play golf with Grandma as well.  Brett has been working a lot, so we don't see him as much as we did over his other breaks, but he got his first paycheck last week and the next one should be close to $500.  I am proud of him for his work ethic.  His boss has complimented him several times.  Meg did not have soccer tonight, so she spent the evening hanging out.  The end of the evening brought us to Joe's Ice Cream.  Alexandria works there and we enjoyed seeing her as well as the ice cream.

I love these days of summer.  I will not wish them away.  I wish we could always be on summertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment