Thursday, May 15, 2014

Spring Arts Festival

Tonight was the Spring Arts Festival for Milford Middle School.  Meg was an important part of the show playing both the piano and the clarinet in the band.  She did a fantastic job at both and received a lot of compliments.  Meg also had a minion picture in the art show and a blanket for FACS that won a third place ribbon.  It was a big night for her and it was awesome to see her showcase her talents.

The Spring Arts Festival is a big production for the Encore team.  We spend weeks getting ready for it.  This year was a lot of work, but definitely easier than last year as I knew what to plan for.  I had several students who spent time helping me put name tags and ribbons on the projects.  They also picked out the clip art and the title for the show.  Clara and Meg helped me organize the projects and narrow down the groups into winners and participants.  I had final say, but they gave me some really good opinions on the projects.  They also caught up on all of the Spring gossip.  Clara is in eighth grade and much like Meg has her finger on the pulse of Milford school.

This year I had several new categories (t-shirt pillows, t-shirt cinch bags, blankets, and pillowcases) to go along with last years' (button projects, children's toys and pillows.)  I had several people compliment the students on their work and the displays.  Most of the students took their work home with them at the end of the evening.  Doug, Meg and Cam were there to help carry back those that were left.  Once I had a chance to reflect upon the evening I was impressed with how well everything turned out.  It was a lot of work, but the students seemed to have really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment