Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday, Monday

It is really hard for me to fall asleep on Sunday nights.  School has become a lot of work, and my mind cannot relax as I think of the days ahead.  I am having a really hard time balancing being a teacher, mother and wife, let alone anything else.  Doug and I sat down tonight and looked at our budget and commitments.  We talked seriously about our current schedule and our thoughts for next year.  My part time job has become closer to a full time commitment.  I really enjoy my students, but teaching requires a lot of work outside of the classroom.  Without a prep time it becomes quite challenging.

Thus, Doug and I will talk more about next fall in the summer months.  I will plan on meeting with my principal and see what her thoughts are as well.  I would love to be there for Meg's eighth grade year as I know that she enjoys having me at school.  We will have to see what type of compromises we can make before we come to any conclusions.  For now I will take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment