Saturday, May 31, 2014

Chops

Doug and I have a wine bar that we loved to visit in Fort Wayne called Chops.  Tonight we sat in my favorite spot at the counter overlooking the chefs preparing the food.  I find it interesting watching them cook.  Each pan was heated in the stone oven before the food was prepared.  Hamburgers are one of their specialities and they made a lot of them.  From adding the spices to cutting the speciality cheese it is a busy kitchen full of activity.

Doug loves their risotto.  It is also a speciality and changes every week.  Tonight's featured blue cheese so I passed on trying it and instead tried the free range chicken with waffles.  It was spicy and sweet and I really liked it.  Another one of our favorites is asparagus and fried egg.  Much like the chicken and waffles I would have never thought of asparagus with egg, but it really works and we find it delicious.

Chops has wine flights that feature three small glasses of wine to try.  Doug likes trying a different three every time we go.  I, on the other hand, prefer to stick with the same three.  Normally we have dessert, but Doug wanted to try Joe's on the way home.  It was closed by the time we got there, so I think we will forget that idea for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment