Wednesday, May 21, 2014

21 Years

Today is Doug and my 21st anniversary.  We celebrated with a quiet dinner out.  I asked Doug if it felt like 21 years.  He said that it did, but that didn't mean it was a bad thing.  I know exactly what he meant.  I can't remember what it was like before I met Doug.  It feels as though we have always been together.  Sometimes I forget that he didn't grow up here.  He knows so many of the same people that I do and has made Syracuse his hometown too.  

Today was the first time that all four children remembered on their own that it was our anniversary and made a point to tell us.  I really appreciated that.  I know that we are a close family and that we are as important to the Heinisch children as they are to us.  

It definitely took a lot of work on both of our parts to make it twenty-one years.  Everyday has not been the best day ever.  It sure has been worth it, however.  God smiled on me the day I met Doug.  I thank him everyday for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment