Monday, April 21, 2014

Mary Poppins

We watched Mary Poppins on the way back from DeKalb yesterday.  The older I get, the more I really enjoy the movie.  I think it captures the essence of childhood better than any movie I have seen.  Every childhood should have a little bit of magic in it and a friend like Bert the chimney sweep.  We have all listened to the songs of the movie many times over since our trip to Disney World.  There are so many wonderful tunes to sing along to, but I believe our favorite currently is "Let's Go Fly a Kite."

We plan to rent "Saving Mr. Banks" when we return this movie to Netflix.  Doug has not watched it yet, and we can't wait for his opinion on it.  Watching Mary Poppins just reminds me all over again that one person's tragic childhood memories can turn into something wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment