Saturday, April 12, 2014

Home Sweet Home

Doug was able to drive all night, so we pulled in at 7 a.m. this morning, almost exactly 18 hours after we left.  I was miserable the last hour of the trip as car sickness set in, but overall it was an easy trip home.  Doug listened to "Eleven Rings" by Phil Jackson on CD.  It was interesting and kept him awake.

Four of us went right to bed as soon as we walked in the door.  Cal went over to Mom's at 9 a.m. to visit.  He then had enough energy to play basketball with Jayce and go golfing with Sam.  Cam and Doug were both up by 10:30 a.m., but Meg and I slept until after 1 p.m.  I still felt disoriented when I woke up and carsick, but I started to perk up by dinner time.  I was able to get a lot of the unpacking done and the laundry washed and dried.  That was an added bonus that I hadn't counted on.

Doug took Meg and Cam to mass and they came home with palms.  Doug and I then went to dinner at Hacienda.  I have really enjoyed spending the week with the Heinisch children, but it was also nice to get away with just Doug.  Cam, Meg and Cal all went back over to Mom's to visit with them.  They showed off their souvenirs and gave them the Waldorf and Statler magnet they bought for them at Downtown Disney.

Once we returned, Cam wanted to play Toy Story Mania on the Wii.  It is not quite like the ride, but enough to seem like we were still in Disney.  Doug even pretended to wait in line for 90 minutes before we started.  Once that was over we were all ready for bed.  It was nice to crawl into my own bed, but I hate watching this vacation end.  It has definitely been one of the best ones that I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment