Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Golf Season

Well, even though there is still quite a bit of snow on the ground, high school golf season has started.  Last night was the first official practice.  In it the players get to show off their knowledge of the rules.  Cal was on the victorious team for the second year in a row.  It did not surprise me as my Dad and high school coach were both sticklers for following the rules.  Thus, just as I did, Cal has a copy of the USGA rules in his bag, and both Dad and I expect him to know them.  Knowledge is power, especially in golf.

After Monday's practice, Cal and Tristen headed over to their coach's barn to hit golf balls.  Tonight they actually were able to go to the driving range.  The snow is slowly disappearing and today I could see yards that were 80% snow free.  Our shade trees that we love so much in the summer, unfortunately keep the snow from melting as fast at our home.  Pretty soon, however, Cal and Cam will be chipping in the back yard.

I know there are high expectations for the boys this year as three of the returning Varsity members have a lot of experience on the links already.  If a fourth emerges from the crowd, there is a strong possibility that the team can make it to regionals and maybe beyond.  For now, I will just enjoy the fact that they can once again be outside and have fun this Spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment