Saturday, February 15, 2014

Celebration

After a morning and early afternoon of basketball Doug and I were finally able to go out together to celebrate a belated Valentine's dinner.  Our first stop was the University Park Mall so that I could buy a Mophie for my phone.  My battery barely makes it through the morning at school right now.  This should extend the life considerably.  We marveled at the amount of shoppers that were at the mall today.  Not sure if they were celebrating a late Valentine's as well or if they were taking a break from all of the cold, snowy weather we have had this winter to get outside.

After our brief shopping trip, we then headed to Main Street Grille for dinner.  It is one of our favorites.  Each time we go I say that I am going to try something new, but the lobster ravioli is wonderful and I ordered it once again.  This was our 24th Valentine's Day together.  It seems amazing when I type that number.  I still remember our first.  Doug was an intern in at Amoco in Chicago and I spent the weekend there.  We ate dinner at our favorite spot by his apartment and then walked around window shopping.  Our lives have changed drastically since then, but our one favorite thing to do has not.  After all these years, a quiet evening together over a nice dinner still makes for a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment