Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Calm Before the Storm

We had a very quiet afternoon.  Meg and I ran into school.  She wanted to practice basketball and I wanted to get a couple of things ready for school on Monday.  Doug ran to the grocery in preparation for the big storm that is supposed to come through tomorrow.  The rest of the afternoon was spent picking up and doing some cleaning.

Tonight was Mom's night at the basketball game.  The Moms were asked to sit behind the bench to support the boys.  I was dreading it, as I don't usually sit with anyone at the games besides Meg, Cam, Jody or Doug.  Overall, however, it was alright.  Cal has been cleared to play, but they still didn't put him in.  Doug talked to the golf coach after the game.  He said that Barry doesn't feel that Cal's leg is strong enough yet, and he doesn't want to cause him long term injury.  We agree with that.  Cal could have helped his JV team tonight as they needed someone to score late, but not at the risk of permanently disabling him.  The Varsity got beat pretty badly.  I heard a lot of complaining from the Mom's, but I just don't see how we can compete against teams as good as the ones we are playing.  Two months and golf season will be on everyone's mind.  I can hang on until then and hopefully Cal will get to play in a couple of games by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment