Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hump Day

At the beginning of the year all of the students would yell, "What day is it?" down the hall every Wednesday.  Inevitably someone would reply "Hump Day!!" mimicking their favorite new commercial.  The thrill of hump day has worn off by now and Wednesdays have once again returned to the least favorite day of the week.

For teachers it is the day that we have an hour long meeting.  I struggle with any type of meeting, so it is hard for me to sit through them.  It also shortens the school day just enough to make the classes shorter.  In FACS we only have 40 minutes to accomplish what we need to for the day.  The 8th grade was able to make their Christmas cakes, however, in the allotted time.  Although I had to take them out of the oven for them, I was glad that they were able to accomplish the given task.  In my class the students are the makers with me there to provide a couple of suggestions.  For the most part by now they can take over and conquer the kitchen.  I love watching them put their learned skills to task.  Can't wait to see how the cakes taste.  

No comments:

Post a Comment