Friday, December 13, 2013

Finished - Finally

I was a little stressed out when I left school today at 12:45.  I have been staying late helping students finish their projects and providing a place for Meg and her friends to hang out during the cold days of recess.  Because my afternoons have been booked and our nights have been busy with Heinisch children activities, I haven't had time to finish my Christmas shopping or wrap gifts.  Normally, I am done by now, but with Thanksgiving being late I lost a week.

I hurried home from school today and spent the next two hours picking up the house and cleaning.  Cal had invited several of his friends to spend the night and I wanted to make sure we were ready for the visit.  Meg and Cam had piano after school, and I really wanted to go shopping with Doug tonight, so I rushed around like a mad woman.  My Mom had stopped by this morning and made the Heinisch children's beds and picked up their rooms.  That was a pleasant surprise and a big help.  It also saved me at least an hour, so I was able to fly through the rest.

I dashed out at 2:50 to pick up Meg and Cam with only the floor left to sweep.  While they played the piano, I ran to Kroger for groceries.  By the time I got home, Doug was there sweeping for me.  Cam and Meg decided to grab pizza and hang out at Grandma's, so Doug and I headed out to finish up our shopping.  The snow held off and we were able to come up with some great gifts.  We even had time to stop for dinner at Hacienda.  Thus, I can feel a little more relaxed, at least about the shopping part.  Now all we have to do is get busy wrapping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment