Friday, December 6, 2013

Early Night

I was always a night owl growing up.  I loved to stay up late reading.  I would sneak a flashlight to bed and hide under the covers until all hours of the night.  Of course that meant that it was very hard to wake me up in the morning, but the pattern continued for many years.

I can say, however, this past year has finally broken me of the longtime habit.  Part time teaching and being a full time mother have physically gotten the better of me.  By Friday night I am more than ready for an early bedtime.  This week was even more exhausting than most with three of my classes working on their sewing projects and the fourth publishing fantasy stories.

My class workload coupled with basketball games and Christmas programs have left me dead on my feet.  All four of my children will be up well past me this evening and for the first time in a long time, so will Doug.  Hopefully, a full night's rest will start the weekend off right and help rejuvenate me for the week to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment