Friday, November 22, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

Brett arrived at 2:30 this afternoon for Thanksgiving break.  To commemorate his return he dressed in full tie and suspenders attire.  I was thrilled to see him.  I sure have missed talking to him.  He was happy to be home and filled me in on his adventures with his grandparents the past few days.  He brought me a birthday gift and four loads of laundry.  Both were great to me.

After we caught up for an hour or so he headed down to check out his XBOX 360.  He hadn't played video games in three months and enjoyed getting back at some of his favorite ones.  Meg and Cam headed straight to the basement upon their return from school.  I heard a lot of laughter and chorus of song.

Once Doug made it home from work, we all loaded the van for South Bend.  Brett had asked to make a trip to Barnes & Noble and we were glad to oblige.  We were even able to shop at Super Target and a couple of stores at the mall.  The radio was filled with songs that Brett had recently downloaded and some of his favorites.  Brett hadn't been to Buffalo Wild Wings since he left, so we stopped there for dinner on the way home.  The fifteen minute wait didn't bother any of us as we were still catching up.  Brett and I had a lot of fun at the expense of the mayor of Toronto - a true "Canadian idiot."

As Meg and Cameron argued at Target and Brett stepped in to tell them politely to "knock it off,"  I asked him if he missed all of this.  He said, "Believe it or not, I did."  I know he will be ready to head back by next weekend - a week will be enough, but for today it was a lot of fun listening to him with his siblings watching TV, arguing or just listening to music.  What a great week it will be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment