Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The NBA

The NBA season has started once again and the three youngest Heinisch children and their father are already trashing talking each other.  Cameron and Meg are Miami Heat fans.  Cal is anything but.  Tonight Cal reminded Cam of who Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks beat to win a championship in 2010 (the Heat.)  He also tore apart Chris Bosch, Meg's favorite player.  Doug even joined in the teasing.  As Cam walked around predicting that the Pacers will end up 84-0 this season, Doug one upped that proclamation of with an announcement of his own - The Pacers will finish the next two season 168-0.

I love listening to their banter.  It is what makes them a family.  No one gets mad and they each spend quite a bit of time thinking of how to one up each other.  I know I will get my fill of basketball by the time the NBA playoffs begin in May, but for now I will try and keep up with it all.  When Brett was here I didn't have to worry about being the only one who didn't follow the NBA, but with his absence I had better start researching the teams and players.  If I am to join in the trash talk, I had better have my facts straight.  They are a tough crowd to fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment