Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Lord Give Me Patience

I am not a very patient person, never have been.  I can wait in line, no problem, but ask me to wait out an unresolved situation and I am a wreck.  I try not to think about it, but something always brings me back to the point I left off worrying.  Doug handles this a lot better than I do.  I used to try and be more like him, but that only made it worse - I would not only be stressed, but also upset because I couldn't handle the situation as he was.  Thus, I have learned to embrace my impatience.  I don't like it, but it makes up who I am.

Tonight, it took all I had not to worry about a small incidence in our home.  One of the Heinisch children was obviously struggling with his/her emotions, but wouldn't tell us.  Part of me wanted to grab this child and shake it out of him/her.  Another part wanted to hug him/her and say, "Don't worry, all will be fine." (Definitely a stupid saying coming from me as I am Queen of the worriers in this house!)  Instead of doing either I waited - hoping this child would either resolve the issue or come to us for help.

I know this took a lot of patience on Doug's part.  Not only was he dealing with an upset, non talking child, but he also had to calm down a wife that was pacing the floors with worry.  I did pretty well, however.  I didn't let this child's mood ruin the evening.  As I am used to the moodiness of one, I decided that staying up all night frantic would not solve any of the problems in the Heinisch Home.  Tomorrow will be another day.  Sometimes a good nights sleep is all it takes for the issues of the day to dissolve.  If not, then we will work on it when the sun is shining and we can start anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment