Monday, November 25, 2013

Hanging Out With Brett

I hustled home from school today at 11:30 a.m. to catch up with Brett.  We decided to head to Wal-Mart and see what was on sale there.  Before we shopped, however, we stopped at Burger King for lunch.  I hadn't been to that particular one since the oldest Heinisch two were small enough to have fun in the play place.  Unlike those trips many years ago, our topics of conversation today ranged from the hundreds of pop choices now offered at this particular restaurant, to religion, and then on to politics.  I love talking with Brett and picking his brain on several hot button issues.  He definitely has some strong opinions and I have to keep current on the news or I can't even began to follow along. The trip to the store ended mostly with food purchases for our house and for school tomorrow.  Nothing too eventful, but I did find a new doorbell for the basement and Brett enjoyed browsing the electronic section.

After the library board meeting tonight, Brett, Cam, Doug and I headed to the table for several rounds of pit.  What a fun game to play, but unlike most card games, there is too much trading and shuffling of hands to talk much.  Brett was able, however, to fill us in our everything else going on at IU and in the news in between hands.  It has been so much fun having him home.  Tomorrow night we have a hot game of Monopoly planned after the JV basketball game.  I had better start strategizing  now or I will never have a chance with Brett and Cam both playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment