Friday, November 1, 2013

All Saint's Day and Trick or Treats



Trick or Treating on All Saints Day - can't beat it.  The weather didn't co-operate last night, so "Halloween" was moved to this evening.  What a great night for it!!  Meg and Cameron planned their hot dog and cheeseburger outfits months ago.  Our neighbor's granddaughter, Avery, rounded out the meal as a bottle of Ketchup!!  They had also planned out their trick or treat route awhile ago.  They first hit up our neighborhood and then headed to the one next to us.  The highlight each year in the Fox Run addition is the Goralczyk's cotton candy.  Mr. Goralczyk spends quite a bit of time and energy making up the bags.  Last night he posted that he had 600 ready to go.  It is the first treat the Heinisch children devour and has made for some great memories.  After the trick or treating was over the Heinisch children and Avery met up at our home to trade candy.  I loved listening to them decide which are the golden treats and which belong in the trash pile.  

Brett called this evening to fill us in on his Halloween adventures this week.  He had a lot of fun and there was a party at church where he got a great picture of "Michael Myers" and the priest.  Cal's friends stopped by this evening for treats, but he decided to head to a wrestling match at Manchester College.  One of Cal's friends has a brother on the team.  I saved him a bag of PayDays, so he will be happy with that.

I was glad that Halloween was moved to this evening.  Not only was the weather beautiful, but everyone could stay up late, enjoying their treats and Halloween movies.  I was also glad, because I didn't have the best day at school.  My mood instantly changed as I saw my own children having fun as well as so many of my current and former students.  Although I did not know each and every one of the 263 trick or treaters that we had this evening, they sure were a spirit lifter!!  I hope that everyone had as much fun as we did with Halloween this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment