Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Fresh Start

Today was the last day of trimester 1 for students.  Even though I will miss a lot of my them, I was ready for it to be over for many reasons.  This year I wrote a brand new curriculum for my seventh and eighth grade classes, had two of my four classes full of students with special education needs, went to countless meetings, watched Doug coach soccer, nursed Cal back from a pretty substantial injury, took four trips down and back to Bloomington, made it to Illinois for a weekend, remodeled our kitchen and was a spectator at numerous soccer games and tennis matches.  Needless to say, I am ready for a fresh start come Monday.

That doesn't mean that I dislike my students, teaching or life in the Heinisch home.  I just need to rest up.  Hopefully, I am on top of the new curriculum in my classroom.  That will make a big difference.  Doug is only involved in soccer two days a week right now.   I have  a whole new group of fresh faces coming into my classes, many of whom are excited to have FACS or start writing lab.  Their enthusiasm should carry me through second trimester, especially since Meg is one of those students along with a multitude of her friends

A three hour meeting and the anticipation of Cal's grade on his dual credit pre-calculus final are all that stand between me and a relaxing weekend.  Here's to a fresh start and a much needed break.  Glad to have made it through a pretty challenging couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment