Monday, October 28, 2013

Phase 2

Our cabinet maker arrived early this morning to begin phase 2 of our kitchen remodeling process.  I didn't get home until late in the afternoon and all I could say was "Wow!"  He did such a wonderful job on them.  They completely transform our kitchen as well as our entire house.  We not only gained some space, but somehow they seemed to make our first level look a lot bigger.

I arrived home a little after 8 p.m. this evening from my library board meeting and Meg's basketball practice.  I was exhausted and hungry, but ready to put those cabinets to good use.  As I mulled over where to put the plates, glasses, pans, silverware and food in their new home, the boys headed down to play a game of pool and Meg to the computer,  all muttering about what a nerd I was for being so excited to organize my cabinets.  I realize that they will never share my enthusiasm for the new kitchen and that is alright.  They will, however, benefit from the added space and storage.  I appreciate Doug working with the contractor, cabinetmaker and granite shop.  I couldn't be more pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment