Monday, October 14, 2013

2012

Today I spent several hours completing our 2012 photo album.  It has 90 pages in it and over 650 photographs.  I had a lot of fun making it, and it gave me time to reflect on last year.  It was a busy one in the life of the Heinisch family.  Brett was actively involved in several plays, band and academic superbowl.  Cal's life revolved around basketball, golf and soccer.  Cam and Meg both played basketball and soccer while she added in volleyball and he joined chess club.  We took several family trips - St. Louis, Bloomington, Illinois and North Carolina all had visits from the Heinisch crew.

Working on the album also made me realize how much I miss Brett being a part of the day to day activities in the Heinisch home.  His role as Joe Scales was priceless in Cheaper By the Dozen and he was a constant figure at the home basketball games - top row with a baritone and a book.  Life changes and I am happy for the new one that he has created in Bloomington.  I will, however, enjoy Thanksgiving break even more this year as we catch up with him, and he is once again a fixture in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment