Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Joys of Being a Parent Part 2

Late last night Brett posted on Facebook that he was elected Governor of his house in the dorm.  I was thrilled to read that post.  Brett has adjusted to college life so much more quickly than I had ever imagined.  I know that other students were running for that position as well, so I realize that he has worked to meet people and establish himself as a leader already.

Ever since I can remember Brett has wanted to be Governor of Indiana.  Maybe this is the first step towards that goal.  Or maybe he will find that being a servant to the people is not all that he thought it would be.  I have always envisioned him being a write or a professor.  This could push him in those directions or stay right on course.  No matter what the biggest joy so far of being a parent is watching them fly away, confident and ready to take on the world.  It is scary and I miss Brett everyday, but so proud of the young man that he is striving to be and the responsibilities that he is undertaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment