Tuesday, September 10, 2013

So Hot You Can Fry an Egg

OK, so you cannot actually fry an egg on the sidewalk.  It's a fun way to describe how days like today feel outside, but in reality the sidewalk has to be 150 degrees for anything to fry on it.  This week has definitely been hot as we have had temperatures in the 90's, and tomorrow we are supposed to set a record high.  As I sat watching Cal's tennis match tonight and Meg's soccer game yesterday, I made a vow not to complain about the heat.  Soon enough it will cool down, and in a couple of short months we will see the white of winter.  It also seems to me that following an unseasonably cool, wet summer, we usually do have a few days in September and October with record highs.  For now I will enjoy wearing my shorts and sleeveless shirts just a little longer and bring plenty for everyone to drink at their sporting events.  However, when it does reach 150 degrees, I plan to have my students try the egg on the sidewalk experiment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment