Monday, September 2, 2013

Home

Doug and Cal were up early to play tennis across the street from the Union.  Cal had noticed last night that there was a never ending game of soccer, ultimate Frisbee, etc. on campus at anytime.  I know he would never run out of sports to play if he attended IU.  They got back to the room as we were finishing showering and packing.  We picked Brett up for breakfast and tried the Scholars Inn.  The food was delicious and they were busy!!

After breakfast we dropped Brett back off at the dorm.  Meg and I gave him a hug and he said that he enjoyed seeing us all.  As we drove home, I couldn't help but think about how proud I am of him.  Brett is a smart student and I don't really ever worry about his grades.  I didn't know how he would adjust to college life and if he would meet people very easily.  I was thrilled to hear from him how much he loves it.  He has found friends to eat with or meets new ones when he dines alone.  He even said to me that he would love to live there and work in the Governor's office one day.  He has obviously adopted Doug and my affection for Bloomington.  That is my music to my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment