Sunday, September 29, 2013

Girls Day Out

The best part of having a daughter is that there is someone in the house who loves to shop as much as I do.  Today Meg and I spent the afternoon at Kohl's picking out a new fall wardrobe for her.  Meg has physically changed quite a bit in the last year.  She needed new jeans and long sleeve shirts to keep up with her growing body.  It was easy to pick out clothes with her.  Meg knows exactly what she wants and fits into almost anything.  I really like what she bought.  She has grown into a beautiful young girl.

Meg and I also spent an hour or so sewing this afternoon.  I am trying to find a couple of new projects for my classes.  So far we have created a pillow ship and a draw string bag.  As we finished up before dinner, Meg said, "I think that I am just going to sew all afternoon tomorrow."  What a great idea!!

We ended the evening going to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2."  We let Cameron join us on this adventure and I think he enjoyed the movie the best.  It was nice to hang out with Meg today and Cameron this evening.  I don't get a chance to do that often.  Hopefully, now that soccer is almost over we will have a lot more family time like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment