Monday, September 23, 2013

Get Busy Living . . .

"Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying!"  That has to be my favorite quote of all time.  If you haven't seen the movie "Shawshank Redemption" or read the short story by Stephen King that it is based on, then the quote may not mean a lot to you.  The character Red states it as he contemplates suicide or breaking parole to search for his friend Andy in Mexico.  In the end he chooses Andy.  I love watching them meet on the beach knowing that Red, even after a hard life, chose to "get busy living."

I find that quote popping into my head on days that I feel most exhausted.  The Heinisch Home could be described as hectic most days.  It may not seem like it, but those are the days that I appreciate life the most.  So, bring on the three hour tennis matches or the afternoons spent practicing soccer.  We may all be tired, but happy and healthy - glad for the new day that awaits us and thankful that there is a new adventure to seek.  


No comments:

Post a Comment