Friday, August 30, 2013

You Can Sleep When You're Dead

Today started bright and early as I had to drop Cal off at basketball at 5:45 a.m.  Meg, Cam and I were early to school and had a full half day there with classroom projects and a bulletin board to take down and put up anew.  The afternoon was spent at an emergency library board meeting and paying bills.  Then back to school to take Cam and Meg to Goshen for piano lessons.  Meg had a friend coming over, so my Mom graciously said she would meet us there to bring Meg back to hang out with Graham.  I took Cam to practice putt and then waited for his lesson to finish before we made the 25 minute trek home.

Once we got there Meg and Graham were busy crafting.  Cal and Cam left with my Mom to eat dinner.  I got all of the laundry in baskets and had enough time to brush my hair before Doug came home from soccer practice and picking up Cameron's LYC team information as he is coaching that as well.  Once Meg's friends left she decided to head over to Grandma's as well.  We jumped back in the van to take Cal and Jayce to Wawasee's football game in South Bend.  Doug and I had just enough time to eat dinner before the rain and lightning hit.  We picked Cal and Jayce back up.  They decided not to wait out the lightning.  It was only half time and Wawasee was already down 34-0.  We made a stop for ice cream on the hour trip home and enjoyed listening to the boys conversation and antics of the week.

We made it in the door around 10:30 p.m.  I knew I was done for the day and headed straight for my pajamas.  Several times during this exhausting day I kept hearing my Paw Paw say, "You can sleep when you're dead."  That made me laugh and keep going when all my body wanted to do was lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment