Wednesday, August 7, 2013

School

Today, Meg and I went into school to work on my classroom.  This is the third day this week for a total of 8 hours getting everything ready.  Doug helped on Sunday and I really appreciated that.  When they clean my room they move all of the sewing machines.  They are heaving and bulky, so I was very glad to have him there to arrange them for me.  Meg helped label some items for me and I believe I am now ready.  I didn't make up the seating charts yet as the class list will change several times before next Tuesday.

I would love to say that I am thrilled to be going back to school, but that would not be honest.  I love being a mom more than anything, so the thought of something cutting into my time from that is hard for me.   However, Meg read my 8th grade class list and I realized that last year was a lot of fun and it should be this year as well.  The one part I am dreading more than anything else has nothing to do with teaching.  It is the amount of homework that Meg will have.  It seems to me that they really pile it on in middle school.  High school classes allow for work time, so it was rare that Cal or Brett had to spend a lot of evenings working.  They also are more independent, so part of it could be an age issue.

Next week will be an adjustment for all and the following week Brett leaves for college.  I will enjoy our day at Six Flags tomorrow and our weekend at home.  School will come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment