Saturday, August 24, 2013

Room Clean Out

Today when Meg got home from spending the night at Gabby's she had a tall order in front of her.  She had to clean out her room.  I knew it was bad when before Brett left he refused to bring down her laundry for me as he couldn't tell where the laundry started or ended.  Meg's friend Graham even said that he had seen her room when they were talking on FaceTime, and she would probably be in trouble when I saw it.

She didn't get into trouble, but I did spend some time explaining to her that we have been very busy getting ready to take Brett to college, and I hadn't had time to stay on top of her.  However, now that he is in Bloomington, I have more time to check her room, the basement and anywhere else that she frequents.  Thus, she will have to work to stay on top of it.

Meg spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning her room.  She was able to get her dresser, the desk and one of her closets cleaned.  We also washed her bedding and remade that.  Therefore, she only has half of the room to do tomorrow.  I stayed up there and hung up some pictures in Brett's room and cleaned out his dresser as we are bringing one back from Mom's tomorrow that we had stored there. Therefore, I was able to keep her on task while I was working, so that helped.  None of the Heinisch children so far have shown signs of inheriting my organizing gene.  There is still hope, but somehow I think right now it is only me who relaxes by straightening closets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment